What's Action Street Map?
Action Street Map (ASM) is a framework for building real city environment dynamically using Unity3d and OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. The main goal is to simulate a real city, including the following:
- Create dynamically buildings, roads, parks, rivers, etc. using OSM data for given location by terrain tiling approach.
- Create non-flat world by using Data Elevation Model (DEM) files.
- Allow to modify all objects (meshes) in scene, e.g. buildings, barriers, terrain.
- Allow to add new objects into scene.
- Save new objects in OSM compatible format.
- Use online/offline map data.
- Work on all popular platforms including mobile and web player (VR devices?).
- Fill environment with people, cars, animals, which have realistic behaviour.
- Extend environment by additional external services (e.g. weather, famous places, events, public transport schedule, etc.).
Please note, framework project is still under development. However, you can checkout demo project or watch video:
More about current framework features:
- Custom spatial index for offline mapping which speedups queries and supports searches for places (bars, shops, etc.).
- Supports import from o5m, xml and pbf formats.
- Customizing: custom behaviours, textures, color gradients, etc. for map objects. Also you can insert your generation logic into OSM processing.
- Auto downloading of map data from OpenStreetMap server and SRTM elevation from NASA server.
- Asynchronous processing.
- Ability to modify map objects (e.g. make craters on terrain, corrupt building façade, etc.).
- Fast 2D overview of large area without extra objects (buildings, POI, etc).
Below are links to web demo builds (old version):Kremlin, Moscow Alexanderplatz, Berlin